The Committee of Research Administrators (CoRA) is charged by the Senior Vice Chancellor for Research with the mission of facilitating the recertification process for University of Pittsburgh research administrators who have obtained certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) to become a Certified Research Administrator (CRA), Certified Pre-Award Administrator (CPRA), and/or Certified Financial Research Administrator (CFRA), by identifying and promoting educational workshops, training seminars and tools for tracking contact hours.
- Inform current CRAs of internal and external seminars, webinars, and training opportunities that can potentially count for CRA recertification contact hours
- To organize and facilitate contact hour opportunities
- To offer mentorship to newly certified CRAs
- To provide a forum for discussing and facilitating other professional development opportunities for research administrators
- To provide instruction, as needed, in University of Pittsburgh CRA preparatory classes
Committee Membership & Officers
CoRA membership can include any sponsored program research administrator at the University of Pittsburgh or UPMC. Officers of CoRA will consist of 9 CRA members, including seven named positions and two At-Large members. Any CRA at the University of Pittsburgh or UPMC can choose to run for an available officer position on CoRA. A call for nominations will be distributed to all active CRAs at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC for a vote on CoRA Officers. Only members with RACC certification will be permitted to vote on CoRA officers.
CoRA will report directly to the Vice Chancellor for Sponsored Programs and Research Operations.
CoRA is a University of Pittsburgh Committee created to organize, track, and inform CRAs from the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC of training opportunities to help meet the RACC recertification requirement.
CoRA does not recertify CRAs. All re-certification hours and proof of said hours are subject to RACC review and acceptance.